The urological workstation.
Innovation and experience
Urological stone therapy is no longer an isolated discipline in medicine. Today, it embraces a wide spectrum of minimally invasive and extracorporeal procedures.
The MODULITH® SLX-F2 is the perfect solution for multi-mode stone therapy. It is the result of over 20 years of experience in the design of lithotripters and of millions of cases of successful stone fragmentation, but it is much more than that: it is the core component of a fully integrated stone therapy system with a wide spectrum of general endourological and diagnostic features.
- Highly effective extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy combined with state-of-the-art endourology – the perfect solution for the entire spectrum of minimally invasive stone therapies.
- Innovative StorM-Touch control platform – centralized control of all system functions for maximum ease of use.
- Stone therapy and X-ray with a single system.
- STORZ MEDICAL cylindrical source for lithotripsy treatments with the most advanced technology.
- Modular design – solutions tailored to specific requirements.
- Useful software options to round off the urological workstation.
Everything under control
STORZ MEDICAL has implemented a new pioneering control concept which enables central control of the most diverse system components. All devices in the network can be easily controlled from a central touch screen, irrespective of whether stone therapy, contrast medium imaging or percutaneous procedures are performed.
StorM-Touch control platform
The StorM-Touch central control platform for urological workstations is based on the OR1TM fully integrated operating room concept successfully launched by KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG. All networked devices are linked with each other through the Storz Communication Bus (SCB) and can be controlled centrally. StorM-Touch is complemented by a variety of useful options:
- LithoPos®: automatic stone positioning system facilitates and accelerates shock wave therapy.
- StorM-Base: all relevant treatment parameters, patient information and X-ray images can be stored in a database for later evaluation.
- DICOM modules: for long-term archiving in a PACS system.
Unsurpassed shock wave source
The therapy source is the core component of any lithotripter. It not only determines the stone disintegration efficiency but also the localization systems that can be integrated into the lithotripter.
STORZ MEDICAL developed a proprietary shockwave technology which is exclusively implemented in all its shock wave devices. The patented cylinder source provides unsurpassed fragmentation efficiency with low side effects and an extraordinary focal depth of 165 mm.
180 mm focus depth – A new world record!
There has been a general trend of increasing obesity in many parts of the world. This alarming development inevitably means that the weight limits of medical devices need to be increased and that shock wave sources with higher penetration depths are required.
The MODULITH® SLX-F2 has an exceptionally high weight limit of 225 kg and can be equipped with an optional therapy source with a hitherto unparalleled penetration depth of up to 180 mm. These features enable reliable fragmentation of deep stones even in extremely obese patients and under difficult conditions.